- 3 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken thighs with the onion, cumin, ginger, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken and onions to a slow cooker. Add the bay leaf and chicken broth, cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir in the chickpeas, olives and apricots, cover and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the apricots are plump, about 1 hour. Remove the bay leaf and season the juices with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast for about 7 minutes, until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Spoon the chicken and juices into shallow bowls, sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest