- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 c. wild rice (or rice blend), rinsed and drained
- 8 c. chicken stock
- 1 (12 oz.) beer – good quality wheat or pilsner style
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. dried thyme
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley to serve
- Place all ingredients except for cheese and parsley (so onion through paprika) into the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- During the final hour of cooking stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses are completely melted into the soup. Serve soup topped with fresh chopped parsley.
I used Rice Select royal rice blend in this recipe. A blend of white, brown, wild and red rice.