PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
Serves : 6 to 8 servings
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 large stuffed green olives
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated zest of 1 Lemon
- In slow cooker, combine carrots, celery, fennel, onion, olives, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of vegetables. Add broth and ¾ cup water. Cover and cook on low until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 5-1/2 to 6 hours. Discard bay leaves.
- Whisk flour with 1 cup of the cooking liquid until smooth; whisk in lemon juice. Whisk into slow cooker; cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Mix parsley with lemon zest; serve sprinkled over chicken mixture.