- 6 sweet potatoes
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 packet your favorite taco seasoning
- ½ c. water
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 4 T. chipotle in adobo sauce (just the sauce from the can, not the peppers)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 T. honey
- pinch of salt
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Wash and dry your sweet potatoes. Wrap tightly in foil. Place in slow cooker and cook on high, 3-4 hours or on low, 6-8 hours. These can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator… just remove the foil and store in an air-tight container and microwave when ready to serve.
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a stock pot. Add the turkey and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and water and stir until combined.
- Add the red pepper, black beans, corn, chipotle sauce, lime juice, honey and salt. Stir well and simmer the chili for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Top the sweet potatoes with the chili, sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest