PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 cups (2lbs) pumpkin or winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 1 can (400mL) coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- In slow cooker, combine pumpkin, onion, ginger, garlic and red chili pepper. Pour in coconut milk, broth and fish sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
- Using immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in cilantro, lime juice and brown sugar.