- 12 cups cubed dried out bread
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 5 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose seasoning (example, Mrs. Dash seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Start by browning sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, drain and set aside.
- Next saute onion, garlic, celery, parsley and mushrooms in the 5 Tablespoons of butter, until veggies are softened.
- Place your dried bread cubes into the bottom of your slow cooker ( I used a 6 qt). Top with browned sausage, sautéed veggies, salt, all purpose seasonings,
- cup of chicken broth, and beaten eggs. Stir to combine.
- Cover and set to Low for 4 hours.