- 2.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 cans (8 oz.) Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Very large yellow Onion, diced
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 2 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- ¼ t. White Pepper
- 1 T. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Coconut Milk
- ¼ C. Arrowroot Starch
- ½ C. Water
- ⅓ C. Cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken thighs, beans, chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, chicken broth, and coconut milk in a crock pot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Lightly shred with a fork.
- Place the arrowroot starch in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the ½ C. water to make a smooth, lump-free mixture. Stir the mixture into the chili in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken back into the chili and stir to distribute. Let cook for another 30 minutes. Soup should thicken up.
- Add the cilantro to the soup just before serving and check the seasonings, adding more salt or pepper if desired. If you want the soup to be a little thinner, add more chicken broth or coconut milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest