- 2 pounds chicken wings
- optional: ranch dressing for dipping
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce (the sauce that chipotle peppers are packed adobo sauce – these can be found at most grocery stores near the canned jalapeños.)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ⅔ cup cold water + 4 tablespoons corn starch
homemade boneless chicken wings
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces (2-3 inches long, 1 inch wide)
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 3 eggs + 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- In slow cooker, whisk together all sauce ingredients except for water and corn starch.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add half of the sauce. Add chicken wings to slow cooker and toss to coat in the sauce. (**see directions below for homemade boneless wings). Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together cold water and corn starch. Add reserved sauce to slow cooker and stir to combine. Stir in cold starch mixture. Cover and cook another 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve wings with ranch dressing or other favorite dipping sauces.
- **For homemade boneless chicken wings: Whisk together eggs and water in a small bowl. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Add chicken pieces and corn starch to a large bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat chicken pieces with corn starch.
- Remove chicken from bag, dip into egg mixture, then toss in bread crumbs to coat well. Add breaded chicken pieces to well greased slow cooker (without sauce). Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours. When fully cooked, toss in sauce and then serve. (Waiting to toss the chicken in the sauce at the end will prevent the chicken breading from getting soggy. For even crispier chicken, bake at 450 for 5-10 minutes before tossing in the sauce)