- 1 lb. lean ground beef (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (your favorite brand)
- 3 c. macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1 jar Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- extra sour cream and hot sauce for serving
- In a stock pot over medium high heat, add the beef, green pepper and jar of green chilies. Cook, breaking up meat with heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon until pink is just gone.
- Add the envelope of taco seasoning, stir well to combine and simmer for about two minutes more.
- Spray the insert of a Crock Pot with cooking spray. Add the beef and pepper mixture to the bottom of a Crock Pot set to low.
- Spread the uncooked macaroni evenly atop the cooked beef and peppers.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce, sour cream, water, eggs and shredded cheese. Spread atop the macaroni.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3 – 4 hours. Stir once or twice during cooking time. Serve taco macaroni and cheese topped with additional sour cream and hot sauce.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest