- 5 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked Mexican rice
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- Cut the tops off of each bell pepper. Remove any seeds and stems from the inside. Dice the tops of each bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the raw ground beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rice, diced bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Stir to combine with a spatula. Stuff each pepper with the ground beef mixture.
- Fill crock pot with one inch of water. Place bell peppers inside. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 6 hours OR on High heat 4 hours. Top each stuffed pepper with the remaining shredded cheese. Cover with lid until cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with favorite toppings. Enjoy!