- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs/1 kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup light soy sauce or low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce (true dark soy sauce should not be salty it’s more for color & some flavor)
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cold water
- Coat the chicken in the cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- If needed, add the rest of the oil to the pan. Quickly saute the onions and garlic together with the chicken for about a minute just to soften and release the flavors.
- Lower the heat and add the honey, dark & light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and black pepper. Mix until combined. Slowly add the water and stir to combine. Mix in the brown sugar stirring until dissolved. bring the mixture to a boil to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve over rice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest