- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1.8 oz (50 g) envelope white sauce mix
- 28 oz (840 g) package frozen losse-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 3 medium leeks,sliced
- 1 cup (250 g) diced Canadian-style bacon
- 12 oz (360 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 8 oz (240 ml) carton dairy sour cream
- sliced leek
In a slow cooker,combine water and white sauce mix. Stir until smooth.
Stir in frozen potatoes,leeks,evaporated milk and dillweed. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours.
Switch to high heat. In a medium mixing bowl,combine 2 cups potato mixture and sour cream. Stir well and return mixture to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile,cook bacon in a small nonstick skillet until brown and crisp.
Remove cooked potato-leek soup from slow cooker. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and serve immediately.