- 2 to 3 lbs Chuck Roast
- 5 Potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 Onion cut into chunks
- 4 Carrots (optional)
- 2 cups Beef Stock or broth
- 2 cups Water
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Real Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper to taste
- First cut all of the potatoes and onions into large chunks. Using large chunks (about 2 inches square) makes sure they don’t turn to mush in the crock pot.
- First add the Roast to the crock pot, then the potatoes and onions and carrots (if used).
- Then add the seasonings over top.
- Next add the beef stock. The roast should be covered in liquid so add water until it is covered.
- Depending on your crock pot and how fast it cooks will depend on the time. Mine is pretty hot so it took about 5 hours on high.
- You will know it is done when you put a fork in it and it just falls apart.
- Once it is done remove the roast, potatoes, onions, and carrots from the crock pot and enjoy.
- You can use the juice over your roast or you can make a gravy by putting it on the stove and bringing to a boil while whisking in flour to the desired texture.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest