- 3 pounds beef brisket
- 1 large yellow onion (or two small onions)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes with the liquid
- 1 cup beef stock (chicken stock will work too)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse beef brisket and pat dry.
- Grind both salt and pepper over both sides of the meat.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, sear the brisket on both sides until golden brown, about two minutes per side.
- In a separate pan, heat over medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute onions until golden brown.
- Add brisket, fatty side down into your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- On top of the brisket, place the cooked onion, minced garlic, tomatoes, stock and add a bit more salt and pepper.
- Cook on the slow cook setting in your Instant Pot for 6 hours.
- Cooking the meat for 6 hours will allow you to slice it for a nice presentation. If you like your meat more tender so that it falls apart, cook for 8 hours total.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest