- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 + 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup organic tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1.25kg chicken thighs (or breasts), cut into small pieces
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring frequently for approximately 3 minutes or until the onions have become translucent.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, tapioca flour, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder and ginger powder, stirring until well combined and the sauce has started to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker, then add the sauce and mix through the chicken
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Serve with the coriander and your favourite side (mine is quinoa).
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest