- 2 lb white or sweet onions
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or other good quality oil of choice
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt or 1 teaspoon table salt
- Peel your onions and then cut them in half, then into roughly 1/4″ slices.
- In the bowl of your slow cooker, toss together the onions and oil to coat, then add the salt and toss again to combine.
- Cook 8 hours on the low setting with the cover on, then remove the cover and continue to cook an additional 1-2 hours. Once the onions reach a deep amber color, they are done.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest