- 8 large (10 small) bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ bunch (100g) coriander, including stems and roots
- Salt & pepper
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- Fry the onion in the ghee over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onion has browned slightly.
- Add the garlic to the onion, and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon the onion mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the lime zest and juice, cumin and ground coriander to the slow cooker.
- Separate the leaves of the fresh coriander from the stems and roots.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves, place in a small bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Finely chop the coriander stems and roots, and add to the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken falls away from the bone.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker, reserving the liquid.
- Shred the meat and discard the bones.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the reserved cooking liquid and add the reserved coriander leaves.
- Check the seasoning, adjusting if necessary, then stir the chicken through the reserved liquid.
- Use immediately as desired, or allow to cool then freeze.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest