- Large cut of beef that is suitable for a pot roast (I use chuck typically) and will fit in your crock pot
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
– Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Coat with kosher salt and pepper on all sides and press firmly into meat.
– Sear roast over medium heat, preferably in a cast iron skillet (any skillet will do though), on all sides. This seals in the juices and makes the roast a deep golden brown.
– Add roast to a crock pot along with a sprig of rosemary. Set to Low and let cook for at least 8 hours. If cooking for only 6 hours, set heat to High.