- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 3⁄4 inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the beef; cook until brown, stirring and breaking apart as needed; drain. Add the beef to 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in remaining chili ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve the chili with avocado and green onions.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest