- 1 ½ lb boneless rump roast, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ (14.5-oz) can organic chicken broth
- ½ (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Cook roast in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet
- over medium-high heat 2 minutes per side or
- until browned.
- Remove roast to a plate.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to skillet; saute 3
- to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Place mushroom mixture, roast, chicken broth, tomato
- sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning in a
- -quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or until meat easily shreds. (Note: I used a rump roast for this recipe since that was what was available so I let it cook until it was fully cooked inside and then sliced it)
- Skim fat from juices; serve with roast.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest