- 1 lb blade steak (also called “minute” or “chicken” steak)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup*
- 1 envelope Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 tbs dehydrated (instant) onion flakes
- 1 small bay leaf
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- *Low-sodium soup is preferred in this recipe
- Mix the soup, au jus mix and dehydrated onion in a small bowl. Add bay leaf.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steaks on each side. Place steaks in slow cooker.
- Deglaze the skillet with the ½ cup of water, scraping up all the browned bits in the pan. Add this to the soup mixture and stir well to combine. Pour over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HI 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours (please note times are approximate as all slow cookers cook differently–mine was done at 3.5 hours on HI)
- Remove the steaks to a serving platter. Stir gravy in the crock; remove bay leaf. Pour over steaks.
- Serves 4
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest