|8 cup water|
|1 cup carrot|
|1 cup celery|
|1 cup onion|
|1 clove garlic|
|2 bay leaves|
|1⁄2 tsp dried thyme|
|4 tsp salt|
|1⁄2 tsp black pepper|
|1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chicken|
|3 cup wide egg noodles|
- In 4 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker bowl, combine water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place whole chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook as manufacturer directs on low setting 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Discard bay leaves. Add noodles to slow-cooker, cover with lid, and cook (on low or high) 20 minutes.
- While noodles cook, remove and discard skin, fat, and bones from chicken; shred meat.
- Skim fat from soup and discard. Return chicken to soup to serve.