- 3-4 pounds uncooked chicken breasts (approximately 4 large breast pieces, but feel free to use any cut of chicken you like)
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and comes apart easily when you shred it with a fork.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let chicken cool for 20 minutes or so, then shred the chicken with two forks until you don’t have any big pieces left. Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Use immediately if you like, or let chicken cool completely on the counter before transferring it to airtight storage containers and putting it in the fridge. Chicken will keep for up to a week and is great in salads, tacos, burritos, and pasta!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest