- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb of sausage, browned and drained or 1lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use both)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack – shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup green onions – diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper – diced (optional)
- Spray your crockpot with no stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner and spray it.
- Layer frozen potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions (if using), green pepper (if using) and 1 cup shredded cheese in the crock pot in two or three layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Beat the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked, start this at midnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
- Serve and enjoy!
I used a crockpot liner sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean-up. The casserole may burn along the edges a little bit so watch your time the last hour.