- 1 jar (24 oz.) premium-brand jarred pasta sauce
- enough water to fill jar of sauce
- 1 can (10 oz.) Campbell’s beef consomme
- 1 box (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 T. butter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package (8 oz.) of fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen carrot coins
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen peas
- 1 – 2 pkgs. (about 15 oz.) prepared cheese tortellini
- Turn Crock Pot to low setting. Dump in the pasta sauce, fill the jar with water, shake well and dump in the water. Add both the beef consomme and chicken broth.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the onions and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add the beef, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the seasonings and cook just until the beef is no longer pink. Add the meat, onion and mushroom mixture to the Crock Pot.
- Add the frozen bag of carrots and the cream cheese cubes. Stir well to combine.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours. During the final 20-30 minutes of cooking, stir in the tortellini and peas. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest