- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound (2 1/2 links)Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 teaspoons finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat olive oil in a small stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, thyme, rosemary, and garlic to the pan and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place half of beans in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher until chunky. Add remaining half of beans, pork, and sausage; stir well. Place half of bean mixture in an electric slow cooker; top with half of tomato mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 – 6 hours. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest