- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1kg boneless beef brisket
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup whole dried apricots
- 240ml dry red wine
- 120ml reduced-sodium beef stock
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
3) In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, stock and honey. Pour this mixture over the beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
4) Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
Serve the beef, vegetables and apricots over the couscous. Pour over some extra sauce from the slow cooker and top with coriander.