- 2 cans (about 14 oz each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup dried black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 4 links reduced-fat country pork sausage
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- basil or cilantro for garnish
- Combine broth, water, beans, onion, bay leaves, sugar, ground red pepper, salt and pepper in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Remove sausage from casings and cook until it begins to brown, stirring and breaking up large pieces.
- Add sausage to bean mixture in slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients except basil or cilantro. Cover and cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest