- 2 (29 ounces each) canned sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, I used whole
- 3/4 cup pecan chips
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Either line your slow cooker with a disposable liner or spray generously with nonstick spray. I use a 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- Drain the sweet potatoes. Add the sweet potatoes, butter, white sugar, pinch of salt, brown sugar, and orange juice in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork. Pour in the lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and milk into the slow cooker.
- Beat until completely smooth. (Alternatively, you can beat all of these ingredients in a different bowl).
- Smooth the mixture with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the topping ingredients. Spread the topping mixture evenly on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 2 and 1/2 to 4 hours depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks.