- 6 Tbsp. applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 cup chopped dates, optional
- Combine all but oats, pecans and dates in a slow cooker; mix well.
- Add oats, pecans and dates; stir well.
- Cover, leaving lid slightly ajar to let steam escape, and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon granola onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let cool completely. Break into pieces if needed and store in an airtight container.