- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
sauce (see note)
- ⅔ cup Franks buffalo sauce
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (may sub white vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Drizzle a large skillet with oil and preheat to medium-high. Add chicken pieces and ⅓ cup corn starch to a large resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Add chicken to pan and saute 1-2 minutes, just long enough to brown the very outside of the chicken, it won’t be fully cooked at this point.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken and stir to distribute. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with cooked rice. For extra heat, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
You can half the sauce for a little bit healthier version. If you do this, be sure to check on the chicken around 3 hours. This sauce is fairly spicy, if you want to tone down the heat a bit you can reduce the amount of buffalo sauce