- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, crushed red pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper; sauté for about 3 minutes per side, until they have a golden crust. Transfer to the slow cooker along with the sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer the drumsticks to a bowl. Very carefully pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the drumsticks and stir to coat. Serve, sprinkled with parsley.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest