- 2Large yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tspGarlic powder
- 2 pktsStevia or 1 tbs sugar substitute of choice
- 8 cups (2-32oz containers)Organic beef broth
- 4 tbsGrated parmesan cheese
- 8Slices ultra thin swiss cheese
- 1/2 tspDried thyme
- 2 tbsBalsamic vinegar or worcestershire Sauce
- PinchSalt and Pepper (or to taste)
The estimated total time to make this recipe is 4-8 hours.
1 . Spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and 1 cup beef broth and garlic powder. Sautee onions until broth is completely evaporated, and onions begin to caramelize.
2 . Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the parmesan and swiss cheese) to the crockpot and add onions. Turn crockpot on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours, or overnight.
3 . When ready to serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese in the soup, and ladle soup into an oven (or microwave safe) bowl, and add a piece of swiss cheese on top. Place in oven preheated to low broil and place soup in oven to melt the cheese. Leave in oven for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is lightly golden brown. Alternatively, you could microwave the soup for 1-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melty! Enjoy!