- 1 lb chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef chuck and brown on all side to sear meat, about 4 minutes.
- Place beef in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add in onion, carrots, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Pour in beef broth and stir.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in small bowl, pour into slow cooker along with frozen peas and stir.
- Place lid on and cook 15-20 minutes on high until thickened.
- Serve stew over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest