- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of diced onions
- 2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 pounds of 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of ketchup
- Pour olive oil in a sauté pan and cook unions until soft and translucent over medium low heat. You don’t want them to start browning.
- Add salt and pepper to the onions.
- Stir in chicken broth, soy sauce, and tomato paste.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, onion mixture, parsley, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Use a fork to gently combine.
- Don’t overwork the meat mixture as this will make the meatloaf dense.
- Prepare the slow cooker.
- Use three sheets of foil laid over each other to line the slower cooker.
- Fold sides of foil down to create handles you can use to remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker.
- Place meatloaf mixture into slow cooker and form into loaf shape.
- Pour ketchup over the top.
- Cook meatloaf until it reaches 160 degrees. About 4 hours on low.
- Once meatloaf is cooked, remove from slow cooker using the handles of the foil.
- Optional : You can place the meatloaf under the broiler for about 5 minutes to caramelize the ketchup.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest