- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts are also good)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (cumin or roasted coriander are also good)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced eggplant (peel removed)
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- toppings: crushed almonds, rice, noodles, cilantro, green onions, almond butter
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the chicken, curry paste, garam masala, ginger, and garlic. Stir fry for another 3-5 minutes to get the chicken pieces browned.
- Add the tomato puree, broth, eggplant, tomatoes, and quinoa. Cover and smmer for 15-20 minutes (check the quinoa package for cook time – mine was a sprouted quinoa that cooked in 15 minutes). When it’s done, it will look like the picture above – sort of like a stew.
- When the chicken and quinoa are both cooked through, serve in big bowls topped with ALL THE TH
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest