- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb (skinless, boneless) chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups short-grain rice (I used arborio)
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 oz cured chorizo, roughly chopped (I found this in the packaged deli meat section)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of saffron
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped parsley for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with half of paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to the slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
- Add rice to pan and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, until rice is soft.
- Stir in peas and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest