- 1 chicken carcass
- 3 carrots, chopped in large pieces
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped in large pieces
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5 or 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large bay leaf
- Place the first 7 ingredients in the slow cooker and fill to the rim with water.
- Set slow cooker on low for 12 to 18 hours.
- Remove the lid and allow to cool.
- Place 2 layers of cheesecloth in a mesh strainer over a large pot and pour the stock through the strainer. Discard veggies and herbs.
- Pour the stock into airtight container and store in the refrigerator for to 4 to 5 days, or freeze for 4 to 6 months.