- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced fire roasted tomatoes (Recommend Muir Glen Organic)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic, onion, red bell pepper, ginger, Garam Masala, hot paprika, salt, pepper, and the zest of the lime. Give it a quick stir, then cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until the liquid has absorbed into the mixture. Add 1/4 cup cilantro, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon lime juice, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator.
- Spoon quinoa into bowls, top with the yogurt sauce, and chopped cilantro.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest