- 3 -5lbs pork roast
- McCormick’s seasoning salt
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- 2(10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1(14 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 -2lb fresh mushrooms (sliced or halved)
- Season pork roast liberally on all sides with seasoning salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Allow the roast to sit for 15-30 minutes so that seasonings and meat get to know each other better.
- Stir together 1 can of Golden Mushroom soup and cream of mushroom soup and pour into crock pot.
- Place seasoned pork roast into crock pot atop soup mixture.
- Pour second can of golden mushroom soup over pork roast.
- Cover the pork roast with the sliced/halved mushrooms.
- Pour can of beef consommé over mushrooms.
- Season mushrooms to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cook on low setting for about 8 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot (it will be very tender).
- Use the juices in the crock pot as gravy for the pork roast and mashed potatoes.
- You can use it just as it is, which is what we do, or adjust it to however you like gravy (e.g. add flour or cornstarch, remove fat, etc).