- 1cup steel cut oats (DO NOT substitute old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats)
- 4 1⁄2cups water
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 2 -3tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2cup dried fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots, dates) (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a 2 quart slow cooker. (If you want to make a smaller amount please use a smaller crock pot or crockette. This won’t work in a 6 quart cooker).
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- It might form a “crust” around the outside. Just scrape it down with a spoon and stir.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest