- 1 1⁄2lbs boneless lean lamb stew meat, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4cup all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1⁄2teaspoon thyme
- 1teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1large onion, sliced thin
- 2cups water
- 1cup baby carrots (1/2 pound or as many as you want)
- 2cups diced potatoes
- 1cup frozen peas, thawed
- Sprinkle lamb with 1/2 t salt and the pepper.
- Coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a 2 to 3 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Brown lamb a few pieces at a time in the hot oil.
- Remove to crock pot with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Stir in the water scraping up browned bits on bottom of pot.
- Transfer onion mixture to the crock pot; add carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, adding peas during the last 30 to 45 minutes.
- Note: I have also simmered this in the Dutch oven on the stove for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and it is very good.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest