- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons potato starch or cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 4 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped, for garnishing (optional)
Pour the olive oil in the slow cooker then distribute it on the bottom of the pot. You can also use a cooking spray.
Place the chicken on the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, water, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon potato starch, salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture on the chicken.
Set the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
After 6 hours, separate the sauce from the chicken then pour the sauce in a small saucepan.
Over low heat, whisk the sauce with the remaining potato starch until it reaches a slightly thick consistency.
Slice the chicken then place them on the serving plate.
Pour the sauce on top and serve the rest in a container on the side.
Garnish with the chives and tomatoes if using.