- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups brown rice, for serving
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the salt and curry powder and cook for another minute. Transfer to a slow cooker pot.
Add the sweet potatoes, stock, tomato puree and chickpeas. Stir and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice.
Serve over the brown rice, topped with the cilantro and yogurt.