- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-16 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1-16 oz. can red kidney beans, drained
- 1-16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels
- 2-14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place all the ingredients into the insert of the slow cooker except the chicken breasts.
- Stir around with a spatula to make sure everything is mixed and incorporated well. Tuck the chicken breasts in between the mixture and make sure they’re covered.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or cook on high for 6 hours.
- minutes before serving, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker with tongs and place them into a bowl of a stand mixer to shred. Or, alternatively, you may shred them with two forks.
- After chicken has been shred, add back into the slow cooker, stir, and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with whatever toppings you prefer. Some suggestions: a dollop of light sour cream, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest