- 2 pounds ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery crackers
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) Velveeta® cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup French fried onions, crushed
- Line the slow cooker crock with heavy duty aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- On a large cutting board, shape the meat mixture into a rectangle about 1-inch thick. Slice the cheese in half lengthwise and place one half in center of meatloaf mixture. Reserve remaining half of cheese for another use. Sprinkle cheese with crumbled bacon. Form meatloaf mixture around cheese to seal cheese inside.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours. If using a slow cooker with a probe, cook until meatloaf reaches 160°F.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Pour off any juices that have accumulated in crock. Using aluminum foil, remove meatloaf mixture from crock and place in baking pan. Top meatloaf with slices of bacon. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Add French fried onions and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest