- 1 pound ground pork sausage, hot flavor
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 slices hearty white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Place sausage in stovetop-safe cookware or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned.
- Add red peppers and onions. Cook until crisp-tender. Drain fat. Reserve half of sausage mixture. Arrange remaining mixture in an even layer.
- Add bread cubes and half of cheese in even layer over sausage mixture in stove-top cookware.
- Top with remaining sausage mixture and cheese.
- Combine beaten eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl. Whisk until well blended. Pour over layers in stove-top cookware. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place covered stovetop-safe cookware in base.
- Cook on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 to 6 hours until mixture is thoroughly cooked.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest