- 1 package (8-oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (10 3/4-oz. each) fat free condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package (4.3-oz) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hearty whole wheat bread
- Place mushrooms, onion and celery in slow cooker crock; top with chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stir water, soups and seasoning packet from rice in large bowl until well blended; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW 7 to 8 hours until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and shred with fork. Return to crock and stir in rice. Cover and cook 40 more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley before serving and serve with bread.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest