- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 1/2 to 5 pounds chicken breasts with bone and skin on
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Lemon slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour, salt and pepper. Seal and shake. Shake a few pieces of chicken in bag at a time to coat with flour mixture; set aside. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- In a large skillet over medium, melt butter. Add chicken and sear skin-side-down, cooking about 4 minutes until skin is golden brown. Place chicken skin-side-up in slow cooker crock.
- Pour wine, lemon juice, broth and capers over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Transfer liquid from crock to a medium skillet. Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Place skillet over medium-heat. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest