- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Sliced cucumbers
- Chopped cilantro
- Cooked rice
- Combine yogurt, turmeric, coriander, cumin, garam masala, cloves, ginger, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large plastic zipper bag.
- Add chicken to bag. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper, cook until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining 1 teaspoon salt until blended. Place in slow cooker.
- Drain chicken and add to slow cooker. Stir to coat chicken.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW. Stir in heavy cream before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice with cucumbers and cilantro.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest